On the morning of Curls X Cocktails (read about the event here), I woke up at about 6.15am and my first thought was ” I need a different hairstyle and I need it now”. Ever have that feeling?
I spent the next 30 minutes checking out “How to” videos on youtube. The thing about those damn addictive youtube videos is that every single “How to” vlogger out there makes things look soooo easy – R E S P E C T ladies! So of course I jumped out of bed determined that I could do this. Hopped into a shower (which lasted only 7 minutes. Cape Town’s water issues are real. If you want me to do a post on “How I shower + wash my hair in 7 minutes, comment below) and in… well, 7 minutes, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror determined to walk out with a fringe!
I followed FrenchyFatim’s method, which was the easiest for me to understand (See the video below). Before I show you the results, please read the following:
- After washing your hair, finger detangle, brush or comb out all your hair first
- Use a comb to part your hair in an upside down V to form your bangs
- Tie up the rest of your hair to keep it out of the way
- Brush out your hair again and determine where you want to cut (I cut mine somewhere between my bottom lip and chin)
- Natural hair shrinks, so it’s best to start with a small amount first
- Once your hair is dry and you feel you can go shorter, trim your hair one curl at a time (on dry hair)
These are my results
Check out FrenchyFatim’s vlog for more: